Rhodes island is another unique event or wedding destination. Rhodes is the largest island of Dodecanese. Characteristics of Rhodes island are the knights’ castles, green forests, secret trails and magical beaches. In the Medieval town of Rhodes (Old Town) you can enjoy walking. The Old Town of Rhodes is the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe.
Medieval buildings, mosques, traditional fountains, oriental motifs, Byzantine and Gothic churches, shops and cafeterias are scattered throughout the Old Town of Rhodes, all blending together to create a unique image.
Culture lovers may visit the Rhodes numerous archaeological sites. For visitors who prefer nature may visit unique natural attractions either by guide or by a 4x4 jeep in a guided safari! The island is also preferred by those who like diving or snorkeling in most of Rhodes beaches. Local food lovers may taste Greek cuisine and local wine in scattered taverns or to visit a wine making factory and see the production line.
Apart from sea and sand Rhodes island can offer so many locations and points of interest. Here follows a few of you must not miss when you visit the island.
• Valley of butterflies, where during August thousand of butterflies overwhelm the valley in order to reproduce.
• Filerimos and the ancient city of Ialysos one of the three ancient cities of Rhodes island.
• The seven Springs, a magical landscape, a real oasis even in the heat of high summer, swamped in greenery.
• The Marine Aquarium, where 200.000 visitors per year can admire various kinds of sharks and other fish, sea turtles, toothed whales and Mediterranean monk seals.
• The monastery of Tsampika, a tiny Byzantine church located on the top of a hill.
• Lindos and its Acropolis, one of the most impressive archaeological site on Rhodes.
• The Medieval City of Rhodes, the oldest inhabited medieval town in Europe where There are roughly 200 streets or lanes that simply have no name.
• Ancient Kamiros, one of the three large Doric cities of the island, which united with Ialyssos and Lindos.
• The village of Monolithos and its castle which stands among the pines on the great outcrop of an isolated rock from which the name Monolithos (lonely rock) is derived.
Rhodes has some amazing beaches all over the island . You have everything from the secluded and rocky coves of Kalathos and Ladiko to the sprawling beaches of Faliraki and Lindos. Other beaches that you can visit are Tsambika, Stegna, Pefkos, Ixia. Anthony Quinn and many more.
Villas for rent in Rhodes
Our portfolio of wedding villas features high quality properties, ideal for a wedding party or a wedding reception, ideal venues for elegant unforgettable event. Our villas are often chosen from newlyweds to spent their honeymoon or organize their bachelor parties or even host their families during the wedding or their good friends.
Anything you have ever imagined can come true in our extraordinary properties.Choose your exclusive event or wedding venue from our villa selection, reveal your inner thoughts and we guarantee to make your special day even more unique.
© Copyright 2015 - VPgraphics